Tanzania Media Practitioners Association (Tampa) seeks to meet the following objectives
– To defend and promote the freedom of the media and to champion the universal right to freedom of expression.
– To initiate the use journalism as an instrument for public good
– To monitor on matters affecting the news media either directly or indirectly and to make appropriate representations to parliaments, regional assemblies, other organizations and authorities at all levels of government and public life.
– To provide a forum for discussion of the practical problems of editorship and to promote the objectives of the Alliance
– To offer advice to members on issues of practical and ethical concern and to support other bodies in promoting standards in journalism, the independence of the media and self-regulation
– To be a press agent
– To improve – through the use of the media, access to public services; social and policy making participation for the marginalized citizens to warrant they are not left behind or ignored